All these apps are available for Android and IOS devices.
1. MedHelper - your personal healthcare assistant $FREE
Track your prescription medications, treatment, and appointment schedules. Set alarm and reminders and a log of all your past doses. It's easy to install and MedHelper is ready to become your 24/7 healthcare assistant.
2. TapTapSee - can't identify the objects around you? TapTapSee can! $FREE
TapTap See is a mobile camera application designed specifically for the blind and visually impaired. The app utilizes the iDevice's camera and VoiceOver functions to photograph objects and identify them out loud for you.
3. NAVIGON North America - more than navigation: lane guidance, junction views, speed info, pedestrian navigation, and much more! $59.99
Navigon is worth its prices, even next to free apps life Google Maps. You'll get more extensive feature set, innovative optional plug-ins, and a more informative display.
4. Bigger and Brighter - need a magnifier but on a budget...bigger and brighter to the rescue! $FREE
This application helps you to read small letters by making the images bigger, brighter, and clearer with scientific color changing methods.
5. Glucose Buddy - if you are diabetic with low vision, this app is waiting to help you stay healthy. $FREE
Glucose Buddy is a data storage utility for people with diabetes. Users can manually enter glucose numbers, carbohydrate consumption, insulin dosages, and activities. Then, you can view all of your data on a free glucose buddy.com online accounts.
6. CamFind - search the physical world! $FREE
This mobile visual search engine allows you to search for anything from your mobile phone just by taking a picture.
7. Dragon Dictation - stop typing and start speaking! $FREE
Use your voice to dictate a text message or email, create Facebook status updates or a Tweet, and anything in between- simply speak and see your text content appear. Dragon Dictation recognizes and transcribes your words quickly and easily.
8. Vision Sim - having low vision can be frustrating, especially when friends and family cannot relate! $FREE
For those suffering from macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, or cataracts, this app shows people the world through your eyes. VisionSim turns on the camera of the iPhone and filters the lens with distortion that mimics the selected eye condition.
9. LookTel - count your money the new-fashioned way! $9.99
LookTel Money Reader instantly recognizes currency and speaks the denomination, enabling people with visual impairments or blindness to quickly and easily identify and count bills. Several currencies are supported including the US Dollar, Euro, British Pound, Canadian Dollar, and Australian Dollar.